Might As Well Face It...

Might as well face it...

Thursday 1 July 2010

Dwarves and Panthers

Snow White and the...one Dwarf


Well progress has been made, which is a nice change.

I hate metallics. Hate them. Why the hell did I choose Dwarves. Oh right, hairy and stunty. Check.

He was probably not the best mini to test out my Dwarf painting skills since he's mostly covered with his ruddy great axe. However I'm mostly happy with how he's turned out. Mostly. (Aliens reference #1)

So colour scheme is pretty much decided now. Bronze, steel, green and white I reckon.
I have another Dwarf on order from the excellent Scibor miniatures that I can't wait to get my greasy mitts on. [url]http://www.sciborminiatures.com/)[/url]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flames of Why the Hell Did I Choose This Camo Scheme?


I went to the Bovington Tank Museum a few months ago and when I bought my Panther Platoon I thought it would be a great idea to paint them the same scheme as the Panther that I took pictures of.
Fucking idiot.
I painted it with a dunkelgelb basecoat, highlighted it, then masked off the sections I didn't want the camo to go on. Which itself took ages. Then I applied the camo which was also a pain since it took me yonks just to get the right colour. Too purple, too red, too brown, too much of an arse to paint.
Well I eventually got to the point where I could peel of the tape and it DIDNT F-ING WORK PROPERLY!It didnt take me long to neaten things up but I was pretty pissed off. (Which is my base state anyway, so meh)
Did it work? Yeeeeeaaaah...? :/

I'm a perfectionist beyond my ability to paint perfection. It's going OK, although noticing the barrel is bent from taking a picture is fucking annoying. It'll all come good in the wash.

4 more to go....Christ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next up in Sports


More Dwarves, probably paint the StuG III I've finally built to complete my minimal Assault Gun Platoon since that's an easy prospect, then maybe a dredge through my bits box to see of there are any more Dwarves suffocating in there.

Peace out.




No comments:

Post a Comment